Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blog 16: CATW Practice 3

How to do One Thing at a Time


          The article, How to do One Thing at a Time, from Women' s Magazine, says that performing one task at a time show a sufficient work as a result than multi-tasking. In the recent experiment at Stanford University, it was clearly showed that single-tasker performed better than the multi-taskers.

          I strongly agree that doing one thing at a time gives a better result. Focusing in one task is important. You will be able to finish task in the orderly manner; you can easily go back to double check your work and make changes if necessary. For example, our greatest scientist. They made sure to focus in one invention at a time, they wanted to make sure that they were doing the exact details, steps and measurements because they were looking forward for a good result.

          "Talking on the Phone while driving? Dumb idea", it is a dumb idea. Based on my own experience, I would say that, focus is a must while driving. Two years ago, I was driving in Lincoln tunnel going to New Jersey to visit my mother. Since the flow of the traffic was a little slow; I decided to call my mother to ask her if she need something from the grocery. As I was dialing, of course; I have to glance back and forth between my cell phone and the road, I was pretty confident because I get  a customed driving while talking on the phone. But on that particular day, when I glanced on my phone for two seconds and when i looked back at the road of the tunnel; I already have no chance to slow down and I just suddenly stepped on the brake and then an accident occured. Just after that accident, when started to realized that i can' t multi-task while driving; and not only while driving. From then, I make it a point not to pick up my phone while my hands are on the wheel.

          My own experience proved me something. It is important to focus in one task at a time for a better result.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment